Manufacturing Planning Software
The PIMSS production software toolset provides advanced planning and optimization functionality, including manufacturing capacity planning, master production scheduling and factory scheduling:
- manufacturing software - production planning systems
- real-time production scheduler - JIT planning
- master production schedule - strategic plant planning
- factory planning software - production optimization
PIMSS (Process Industry Manufacturing Scheduling System) offers an integrated solution spanning the manufacturing supply chain, ranging from long term strategic optimization to real-time manufacturing scheduling.
Production Scheduling Systems
PIMSS is the fastest production scheduler on the market and is capable of automatically planning and optimizing very large manufacturing operations in seconds. Its flexibility enables it to model highly complex production processes accurately without the need for approximation or compromise on performance.
PIMSS maintains high customer service levels while minimising inventory and maximising manufacturing efficiency. PIMSS is designed for manufacturing operations that process 1000s of products in an environment where minimising changeovers and balancing resource usage are vital.
MJC˛'s advanced manufacturing software is particularly applicable to operations which produce short shelf-life or fast-turnover goods against a backdrop of tight order fulfilment windows and increased demand for flexibility from the customer.
The PIMSS production planning software takes into account:
- Demands & orders: actual or forecast orders by customer and due date(s); branded & own label volumes;
- Ideal stock levels: taken as a constraint or calculated by the production system;
- Materials planning: raw materials planning requirements, as a constraint or calculated by PIMSS;
- Labour planning: shift patterns, break cover, rosters, skills, teams, working time constraints, cost calculation;
- Process capacities: by product/type, machines & packing/bottling areas, plant scheduling constraints;
- Machine routing: links to secondary processes, fixed production order scheduling, product scheduling sequences;
- Work in progress: intermediate products, core blends, inter-factory, on-line/off-line packing, assembly planning;
- Master scheduling: batch planning, master production schedule constraints (colour, formers, moulds, etc.);
- Factory scheduling constraints: product mix changes, plan size, pack size, packaging material, product type, etc.
Taking account of these constraints and other rules as required, PIMSS creates an integrated manufacturing schedule and corresponding factory plan which optimizes utilisation of machines while balancing labour requirements and inventory levels. The master schedule details production by factory area and machine type while the line schedule specifies manufacturing orders by individual machine & product.
Our advanced manufacturing software is fully configurable and may be used to model complex interdependent production lines as well as multi-site operations. The production planning software is driven by a user-friendly graphical interface and all reports (graphical and tabular) can be customised to meet the specific requirements of the user.
Real-time Advanced Manufacturing Scheduling Software
For businesses that need to operate with minimal inventory levels while maintaining high customer service it is vital that the factory planning process is not a constraint on the agility of the operation. PIMSS's ability to automatically reschedule very large operations in a matter of seconds enables it to respond dynamically to new customer orders or operational issues while maximising the efficiency of the production process and staying within the constraints of the master production schedule if appropriate.
The PIMSS production line planning software includes a suite of powerful dynamic optimization algorithms that enable PIMSS to respond quickly to real-time events such as last-minute changes to customer order scheduling, employee unavailability, machine breakdowns or raw materials shortages. PIMSS integrates easily with manufacturing execution systems or manufacturing ERP software to obtain live updates about orders and stock positions. PIMSS can also interface to production scheduling control systems (e.g. SCADA) to obtain real-time data about actual production performance.
Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) and Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) are critical elements in the competitive strategy of lean manufacturing operations, delivering lower costs while improving delivery times and maximising quality. MJC˛'s production optimization software includes computer aided manufacturing optimization tools for lean manufacturing optimization and just in time (JIT) planning of extended manufacturing operations. PIMSS can model complex inter-line, inter-site or customer-supplier relationships, and can re-optimize the plant schedule dynamically in response to events as they take place along the supply chain.
Master Production Schedule Optimization
Master schedule production is automated, using inputs from demand planning and inventory control systems, as well as routing constraints and speeds and cycle times to generated optimized production plans that maintain stocks within defined parameters while maximising overall production efficiency.
PIMSS can be used in strategic mode to help answer questions such as:
- What if demand planning shows a need for increased production capacity?
- What if I use a new raw material supplier?
- What if labour work patterns are to be modified?
- What if process automation leads to increased capacity?
- What if I install a new automated production facility?
- What if employee contracts are changed?
PIMSS's 'what if' planning environment, working independently of the live operation, can schedule and optimize the manufacturing process, taking all these 'what if's and more into account. Following thorough analysis, new processes and facilities can then be confidently integrated into the live lean manufacturing environment.
Factory Planning & Plant Scheduling
PIMSS is ideally suited to complex industrial manufacturing processes. It is a state-of-the-art computer aided manufacturing software solution which can help your business in its drive towards lean manufacturing. Optimization can typically be performed in seconds and PIMSS supports 'what if' capacity planning in addition to day-to-day scheduling activities. PIMSS provides user-friendly graphical tools for data entry, manual scheduling and reporting alongside its powerful optimization engine.
PIMSS offers a complete manufacturing planning and production management software solution, providing functionality such as:
- Line scheduling and production planning
- Rough cut capacity scheduling
- Tactical and strategic decision support
- Integrated maintenance scheduling
- Labour planning and employee scheduling
- Process control and process automation modelling for lean manufacturing operations
- 'what if' scenario modelling for a computer integrated manufacturing environment
- Plant planning and factory simulation
- Process control optimization
Our software tools allow the manufacturing business process to be planned, managed and optimized in an integrated way. PIMSS addresses all aspects of production optimization, ranging from long-term strategic capacity planning and plant optimization through to dynamic process control and batch job scheduling.
The PIMSS scheduling and planning software gives companies the lean manufacturing competitive advantage they need. Computer aided manufacturing software drives the optimization of the production process, providing the control required for effective planning and resource management. The powerful scheduling algorithms reduce wastage in the manufacturing process, while the independent 'what if' environment allows long-term capacity planning and analysis of trial configurations. Using PIMSS in a computer integrated manufacturing environment greatly improves customer service levels while simultaneously increasing efficiency and maximizing output.