Bulk Logistics Planning Software
Bulk Distribution Scheduling
MJC²'s award winning dynamic tanker scheduling software provides powerful transport planning tools to schedule bulk road tankers in real-time:
- Milk & Bulk Dairy: Dynamic planning of milk collection from farms and distribution of processed bulk dairy products between plants and factories.
- Petroleum Products: Petrol & lubricants tanker planning for multi-compartment tankers, modelling required safety & compatibility rules.
- Bulk Powders: Real-time logistics planning for bulk powders such as cement, flour and sugar, with automated same-day delivery scheduling.
Our DISC software provides integrated logistics scheduling, while REACT adds real-time re-scheduling and automated dispatch functionality. SLIM includes strategic planning tools for optimizing the logistics network, and corresponding capacity & resource levels.
Road Tanker Planning & Routing
In businesses where order fulfilment windows may be as narrow as half-an-hour, and penalties for late delivery may be substantial, the ability to react quickly to operational problems such as traffic delays, breakdowns, last minute orders, etc. is vital.
MJC²'s real-time tanker dispatching system REACT can respond dynamically to updates from the operation (e.g. last-minute changes to orders, GPS vehicle tracking information, etc.) while maintaining strategic objectives such as improved fleet utilisation, reduced spot-hire costs and balanced use of drivers, depot employees and tankers.
Our bulk liquids logistics planning systems are used to schedule large distribution operations which operate under tight time constraints and service level agreements, driving benefits such as reduced transport costs, strategic optimization of resource utilisation and improved adherence to schedule.
REACT can dynamically reschedule tanker movements in seconds, allowing the transport plan to be continuously updated based on the latest information available.
Collection Scheduling & Routing
Bulk distribution networks containing many interacting depots, collection points and delivery locations can be optimized using our transportation & logistics planning software DISC.
Our scheduling and optimization software can model specific operational rules such as:
- Cleaning/changeover rules for chemical transportation, dairy, bulk petroleum or beverages
- Special pumping/blowing equipment for bulk powder transportation or fuel distribution
- Refrigerated transportation requirements e.g. for bulk food distribution
- Driver/employee training for waste transportation or transporting liquid gases
- Use of IBC and other containers for liquid shipping and intermodal cargo operations
DISC creates optimized transportation schedules for bulk collection routes and delivery operations on a daily or real-time basis.
Integration with our strategic logistics optimization system SLIM enables forward planning of the logistics network and capacity planning at depots and storage/processing facilities.
Synchromodal logistics for sustainable global supply chains.
New algorithms for increasing resilience in the Supply Chain.
MJC² is a finalist for Maritime UK's 2050 innovation award.